Search This Blog

Monday 10 December 2012

Christmas presents.

Christmas: One of the most stressful times of year for couples. What should you get your other half for Christmas? Whose family will you be spending Christmas with? How to break it to the in-laws that you won't be spending Christmas with them this year, maybe next year?

For the moment those last two questions don't apply to me. I'm not sure whether to be sad about that or greatful. I'll be spending my Christmas with my parents in Scotland and He'll be staying here with His parents. It does raise the question though of what we would do if we had to chose. It would be easier to stay here and spend Christmas with his parents so as to avoid overpriced Christmas flights, but I'm an only child and my mum is incredibly possessive so I'm not sure I'd really have a choice in the matter.

I'm terrible at chosing presents. To date I've given Him: Avatar DVD, a blue lava lamp, a blue bean bag, aftershave and this year He's getting The Pacific and Band of Brothers box set (with express instructions that He has to watch them when I'm not there). They are at least all things He wanted.

He brought me my Christmas present today. It's from a  jewellery shop. It's sitting there next to His under my tiny Christmas tree. He's incredibly predictable with Christmas presents. Two years ago He got me a necklace, last year a bracelet and this year...? All that's left are earrings or a ring and, as much as I wish it were the latter, it's probably the earrings. Maybe next year He'll get me a ring just to finish the set. Here's to hoping!


No comments:

Post a Comment